Jul 14, 2006

Greetings In Christ's Name

Dear friends in Christ:

My name is Stephen Michael Garrett. I have been a Christian since the early 70's and am a former pastor in the Baptist denomination. I have several journals that I have been writing in for a few years.

I have been wanting to start a blog and create a web page where I can post my writings on Christian doctrine.

I am a Calvinist as were the original Baptists in England and America (excepting the General or Free Will Baptists).

In this blog I will discuss various issues facing the Christian community. I am interested in apologetics and have many things I hope I can write upon in that area before the Lord says, "Come Home Faithful One."

I have several books in progress and one I hope to publish soon, my first, and to be called "The Hardshell Baptist Cult," dealing with the history and heresies of Hardshellism. A dear preacher friend of mine, Bob L. Ross of Pilgrim Publications has also written some articles under the title "History and Heresies of Hardshellism." We conferred together on this cult in the early 90's. I wrote much of my book back then, but I have been working at completing and enlarging it, just as Brother Ross has also been doing over the past few months. His articles can be seen in my apologetics journal or at the Calvinistflyswatter.blogspot.

I was a Hardshell preacher from 1972 till I left that cult in 1982. My father has been, and still is, a leading minister and apologist in that denomination since the 1960's.

I hope to have my book written and ready to publish by the end of the summer. It has been a laborious undertaking. I have wanted the work to be exhaustive and scholarly and easy to read and follow.

I also have a desire to write upon other topics and already have numerous articles in the above diaries that illustrate that interest and desire. The Apologetics diary has more lengthy writings and citations of the works of other Christian writers and apologists.

Please feel free to comment as Christians here. I cannot promise I will always respond to every inquiry or comment, but I will try to do as I feel led of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ's name,


Steve Garrett

No comments: