Jul 15, 2006

Send Me Lord

"I heard the voice of the Lord, saying whom shall I SEND, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I, SEND me." (Isaiah 6:8)

One of the chapters in my upcoming book, "The Hardshell Cult," will deal with the Great Commission. One of the "arguments" that the Hardshells make on this commission, in support of their refusal to obey it, is to say--"The Lord said, 'GO ye,' not 'SEND ye.' Only the apostles, they say, were to go. If he had given this commission to any besides the apostles, or to the church, they argue, the command would say "SEND," and not "GO".

It seems that Hardshells just don't have that missionary spirit that Isaiah manifested. He asked the Lord to send him. The Lord is still asking his people today, all of them, "who will go for me?"

How different are the Hardshells when it comes to this spirit! Isaiah had the right spirit. He said, "Lord, send me." I dare say that Hardshells are not taught to have this same spirit of missionary work.

I will of course deal with their argumentation on the "Great Commission" in my forthcoming book.

No comments: