Dec 25, 2006

Another Open Challenge To Debate

I have a standing invitation in this blog to debate any leading Hardshell on the stated propositions. I now offer this second invitation to all Arminian Baptists, including the Hardshell's "twin brother," the "Campbellites." I have just finished (October) my debate with Pat Donahue of the Huntsville, Alabama "Church of Christ" (see his web site for the audio of this debate, at www.bibledebates.info, on the topics of "once saved always saved," and on "unconditional election"). I have also just finished listening to the recent debate between "Campbellite" Larry Hafley (Baytown, Texas) and Baptist brother, Ken Brandenburg and have corresponded with both Larry and Ken on my overview of the discussion.

Here are two propositions I am willing to affirm in debate.

1. The Book of Romans teaches the five points of Calvinism.

2. The Book of Galatians teaches the doctrine of once saved always saved.

I would insist on a rule disallowing citations from any other books of the Bible. We must stay in these books alone to prove our doctrines. If the Book of Romans does not teach the system known as "Calvinism," then I cannot read plain English.

I will let all know when I get a taker on this.

Emmanuel Theological Seminary (Monroe, N.C. campus), which I am connected with, together with both Crossroads Baptist and Fellowship Baptist Churches, of Monroe, have agreed to sponsor an annual debate.

Will any of the Hardshells and Campbellites come forward?

No comments: