Apr 28, 2008

No Takers?

When I published my Chapter on the "Parable of the Sower and the Seed," in my ongoing book on "The Hardshell Baptist Cult," I asked the following questions of every Hardshell Baptist. Since then I have reposted those questions for the benefit of some in the "Reformed Southern Baptist" community and connected with the "Founder's Movement," who have taken the Hardshell view on this parable, teaching that the "good soil" denotes regeneration, and that regeneration therefore precedes faith and repentance or any other kind of "fruit."

I have not had one "taker" from any Hardshell who has visited this site, and who may have read that chapter, to come forward to attempt an answer to them. I think I know why!

But, I am now not only waiting for the Hardshells to answer them, but the "Reformed Baptists" also who are saying one is "regenerated" or "good soil" before he ever hears the gospel or produces the fruits of faith and repentance.

I do realize that question number four is only pertinent to those Hardshells or others who believe that not all the elect will hear the gospel and be converted to faith in Christ.

1. "Is there "life" in the soil without seed or water?"

2. "Is there any "fruit" from or in soil that is without "seed" or "water"?

3. "If there can be no "fruit" nor "life" in soil that is without "seed" and "water," then how can such soils (hearts) be said to be "alive"?

4. "Why would God prepare hearts for seed and yet have no one sent to sow seed in them?" How can he make the heart change from a desert wilderness to a delightful garden without both cultivating and seeding the soil?

5. "Since faith and repentance are immediate "fruits" of regeneration, how can "fruit" come from soil that is without water and without seed?"

Come on Hardshells, answer the questions! I need to soon create a third chapter (two published already) on "Hardshell Busters" which give these sorts of interrogatives to the Hardshells.

No comments: