May 26, 2008

More From Teampyro

Frank Turk at Pyromaniacs left this comment.

{yawn}

Stephen --

"So you wandered over here with the thought that nobody was going to object to your, um, interpretation of what Spurgeon was saying here? In spite of your previous interactions with Dan here at TeamPyro? Yeah, that is very convincing. If I can point you to resources in which Spurgeon talks about the ordo salutis, and he says something different than you have said here, will you admit you are wrong? And will you in some way demonstrate how asking you if you will admit you are wrong is, as you say, "left the impression that we would just soon you did not return"?"

First of all, for Frank to begin his comments with a "yawn" reflects just the kind of attitude I have been talking about. That really makes one feel welcome, hey?

Secondly, Frank just shows his ignorance of Spurgeon when he says that Spurgeon did not believe that he was regenerated in that Methodist Chapel when he looked by faith to Calvary. Frank has not shown any proof that Spurgeon ever believed otherwise. Besides, Spurgeon often referred to this experience in many sermons and if Frank is ignorant of that, then, as Paul said "let him be ignorant." (I Corinthians 14: 38)

No, Frank, the reason why I did not feel welcome is because of the impugning of motives, the accusing me of having an "axe to grind," and just wanting to fuss. But, I submit my simple comment to all unbiased minds. If anyone can see, from that simple observation I made of what Spurgeon said about his "change" that day in the Chapel, that I was trying to pick a fight, then he sees illusions. Again, I will submit it to the candid judgment of the Christian world, Arminian or Calvinist.

Frank asks me to make some kind of "concession" if he gives me an ordo salutis from Spurgeon that contradicts what I have said. Well, the previous posting showed that Spurgeon was not reluctant to put life after faith and repentance AS WELL AS BEFORE IT. As I have said, Spurgeon believed they were simultaneous, and he did not separate regeneration from conversion. So, you would only be showing how Spurgeon, like myself, was willing to express it both ways, not one way only.

Frank wants to say that I made the comment I did knowing that it would provoke the response it did. Wrong! I had no idea that Frank would deny that Spurgeon believed that his looking was his being regenerated. But, he did!

Only a Hyper Calvinist would have reacted to that comment the way Frank and teampyro have.

Frank, do you deny that Spurgeon put life after faith and repentance? Do you deny that the verses he cited (and others also in the bible) teach that life comes after faith and repentance? Come on, "shell down the corn" and tell us that Spurgeon did not ever put life after faith and repentance!

No comments: