Jun 22, 2008

Other Books in Progress

Yes, "of the making of books there is no end." But, God willing, I still am driven to write several books. I do this because I feel I have something to add to the church of Christ relative to several important issues in doctrine and practice.

I have just about completed my first book "My Daily Bread." I have plans of expanding on this, making both a morning and evening entry, as did Spurgeon with his own "Morning and Evening," but for now it will serve, in its first edition, a daily bible study.

In dividing the Hardshell book into volumes, I can say, that with only some editing yet to be done, that I have volume One completed and have hopes of completing volume two in the next couple months, and allowing me to go on to the other contemplated volumes.

I also have other books that I so desperately would love to begin spending more time in producing.

First, I want to complete my work on the "Second Coming." I believe I can put forth a very profitable work and study for Christians on this topic. I plan for it to be "exhaustive" as has the book on the Hardshells thus far, and on the book dealing with a year's bible lessons.

In this book on the second coming of Christ, I plan to deal with the rapture, the signs of the times, the issue of "imminency," and with the "Great Tribulation." I also plan to deal with the coming of Antichrist, and with the Middle East in Bible Prophecy, and with the future of Babylon (Iraq).

Second, I intend, by the help of God, to get my book written on the "Weak" versus the "Strong" brothers of the Roman and First Corinthian epistles. I too think that this book will be of benefit to the body of Christ.

Third, I intend also to write a book on "New Wine in New Bottles," and will be a book dealing with the Old and New Covenants and how the history of the Christian church is full of examples where there have been attempts to incorporate Old Testament law and ritual into the New Testament code of conduct.

Fourth, I intend to write a book on "Campbellism." The intensive research that I have done of the history of the Hardshells, the "twin" of the Campbellites, has led me to write a book on Campbellism, particularly in its relation to Hardshellism and Hyper Calvinism. I have also had numerous debates with the Campbellites.

Keep us in your prayers that these intentions are of the Lord and that it will please him and bless his people.

No comments: