Jul 17, 2012

Chosen To Faith

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."  (Isa. 43: 10)

Almost two years ago, when I had my debate with Bruce Reeves on the doctrine of election, I introduced the above verse to prove that men are chosen to faith, not because of faith.  It was revealing that Bruce never dealt with this verse and disproved its clear assertion that God chose "that" (in order that) the ones chosen 1) may know, 2) may believe, 3) may understand.  It would be a perversion to teach that God chooses a man because he knows, believes, and understands.  Why do I know, believe, and understand?  Is it not because God chose me to know, believe, and understand?  The cause-effect relationship is clearly established.  Election causes faith, and not vise versa.




1 comment:

FolloweroftheLamb said...

Isaiah 59:21 is a furtherance of this promise and also nullifies Reeves' position.